Monday, January 6, 2014

Saturday - Day 307 - unscathed

This morning we said Good-Bye to mom and headed towards our long journey home.

Two days of driving, and our intended early start was not as early as we had hoped.  But our last hour with mom was worth the minor traffic delays we encountered out of New York City.

John and I had plenty to discuss on the ride home about my mom's situation, our upcoming move out of the RV and how life would change for all of us.  

Driving anywhere with my husband and two boys is never an unpleasant experience.  However, we made a decision to purchase a dual DVD for the boys, which was guaranteed entertainment most of the entire road trip.  

John and I had not disagreed or 'debated' much of anything.  I'm not sure how it happens, but married life seems to get easier as time moves forward.  Little things like long car rides are a tell tale sign of how a marriage is going. 




If by the end of the trip you can't stand being in each others space, a little re-evaluation of your marriage dynamics may be in order.


 


If you're still saying, "I love you" and "I love our time together".  Married life is pretty darn good. 

Whew! Thankfully, we survived this trip unscathed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment