Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sunday - Day 308 - That Happy Place

We finally arrived home to our campground oasis and appreciated the fact that we were finally home.  In our own bed, and our own space.  

Isn't that what home is all about?  The place you feel most comfortable in?  You enjoy it and lavish in it and can be 100% yourself. 

I know if my home was a big cardboard box I would make it my own.  My NYC apartment wasn't much bigger than a cardboard box.  And I loved every square inch of that over priced piece of real estate.  It was mine, all mine to love.  


My NYC studio apartment

Living Room & Bedroom!
Very Cozy!

It had my own messes to clean.  My own space to enjoy and share as I please.  If I wanted to be a fat couch potato, no one was around to tell me differently. 

Life changes a little when you get married and have a few kids.  You're forced to be respectful to those you live with.  However, home is still home and that's all that truly matters.  

Whether living in a tiny apartment, a house, a room or an RV, we all have that happy place we call our home.  This has been my biggest lesson on this journey while living in our RV.    

To be totally candid, my last couple of days did not feel particular special, but my overall life experience was more significant than any words written in this entry.  

Life experience is the only thing no one can take away from us.  Material things in our life come and go, but the true grit of what makes us unique is pushing ourselves to our limits and looking for new experiences each and every day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment