Thursday, December 19, 2013

Wednesday - Day 290 - Memory Lane

What happens when you get together with your older sister and niece and start reminiscing about years gone by?

A trip down memory lane and a whole lot of laughter and forgotten memories that should probably stay forgotten. 


 

My niece effortlessly pulls up a FB profile for an old boyfriend of mine. "Oh gawd, what was I thinking dating that dude?"

But it's okay, because I married much better.  

And my nephews and niece remember names of friends and boyfriends I brought around, as if they had seen them yesterday.  It's refreshing, but odd because they were little back than and they are no longer little anymore.

Childhood memories are more fun to listen to when they come from children you've watch grow up.  Their perspectives and views on life are so different compared to our own during the same time.  It is endearing to listen and hear them speak.

Regardless of their opinions, both good and bad, I revere the stories while rejuvenating my own memory. 


 

If I had only one day to go back and spend time in the past with my niece and nephews....What would I tell them? What would I tell myself?  What would my future self tell us today?

And in an instant we're back to the now with fascination and wonder for the future, the now and the then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment