Saturday, December 14, 2013

Sunday - Day 287 - Piano Recital.

What happens when your young son takes piano lessons and has his first recital?   

It's exciting, yet nerve racking, it's happy, yet emotional, it's the most inspiring moment at that point in your life as a parent. 

My son grew a little bit more today, It was a defining moment in both our lives. 

Life changes often.  We can fight this change or embrace it for what it is. 

My son surprises and impresses me and then he does it all over again, as if it was the very first time.  

James practiced his piano the evening before his big day. He played and played and I knew he would manage himself well on his big day.  It would not matter that a bunch of people would be watching and possibly judging him, he was ready. 




He took his seat and played his two songs.  It was not super smooth, but he took it seriously and did his absolute very best. 

He heard the applause and at that moment I knew piano lessons took on a totally new meaning for this young boy.  He had found an avenue, and a purpose to why he practiced.  

He now understood why his father and I encouraged him to practice and he loved it.  He saw his own progress and appreciated his tremendous improvements.  We both knew how far he'd come in a short six months.   




James has extraordinary potential and room to grow into a fine piano player with the proper guidance and motivation.  When I see my son, I see endless creative energy.  He can and will have success in so many aspects of his life.  His mind and heart are open to many life experiences. 

I never truly imagined I would have a son who could play the piano, but after beginning down this path, I am thrilled I can say, with confidence, my son is a piano player.  

He will continue down this path with the support of his family and he will eventually encourage his little brother to play.  

James playing the piano will be an aspect of his life that may define him or at least mold him with confidence and an intelligence that no one will ever be able to take away from him. 

Good job James!  Your mother is very proud of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment