Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Friday - Day 285 - Ty's Two!

I will always be challenged having two boys with birthdays so close to one another, exactly one week apart.  However, until my little one is old enough to truly grasp the concept of  birthdays, I can be creative in how we get those memorable photographs and videos.  


Ty turned two today.  My baby, my little man, my sweet pea.  He is, before my eyes, growing into a little boy.  He is still my baby in so many ways, his baby feet and little hands, his chubby thighs and cute baby checks.  He is learning and talking and transforming into a young boy, yet he still is our little baby boy.  


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpvg5R8eLW0

I love it all.  

I improvised for his third biggest day of his life and had the kids meet us at Baskin Robins and Dunkin Donuts on beachside.

I choose the location because it is  sentimental.  Over the years, we often stopped in for treats together as a family.  I also choose the location, because I knew I could easily find a small birthday cake without preordering and we could make a little birthday celebration.  



We gathered our family and enjoyed true family time.  Ty was happy as can be, eating his cake and opening presents.  The quality of Ty's two year old party was more important to me than the quanity of people and gifts.  


Ty had everything he needed, his parents and all his siblings who adore him.  We sang loud and proud to see the little person he is growing up to be. 

We are all amazed at how fast Ty is growing.  As the baby of five, I suspect he will always be treated well and be taken care of.  

One day we will look back and wonder, where did our baby go?  While we will 
miss baby Ty very much, he will ultimately wow his father, older siblings and myself, when he grows into an exceptional man. 

Although, he will always be the baby of the family, he will often prove to us that he is not a baby any more.  

As the baby of my own family, my gift to Ty on his second birthday is to cherish these years, hold them close to my heart, and always allow him to grow and be his own unique person.  I never want Ty to feel any less than he can be, simply because he is the baby in our hearts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment