Monday, December 23, 2013

Saturday - Day 293 - finding the humor

I am not really sure how I got so far behind on my blog posts.  This blog post is the entry for Day 293, but in reality I am on Day 302 and it is Monday.  (Two days before Christmas) 

Regardless, I will continue on, as to be true to my intent: 

I attempted to say good bye to mom today without tears and tremendous sediment.  By this point, I had already coordinated a second trip to NY with my husband and kids. I felt we were all meant to be together to celebrate with and for my mom this Chrismtas. 

I knew my mother would most likely be in a rehab facility, getting well, on Christmas Day and the only place I wanted to be, was by her side. 

My husband is an incredibly understanding man.  We rearranged our Christmas with his parents and planned to drive to New York instead.  It would make our lives a bit difficult, but none of that seemed to matter very much.  

I savored my last minutes with my mom and left to catch my flight.  I was delayed and ultimately missed my connecting flight into Chicago.  

I planned to stay the night in Chicago .... It was effortless and not too much of an inconvenience.  My flight home was scheduled for the next morning at 7:20ish in the morning. 

Overall, my day was full of sediment and thought, until an animated Chicago shuttle van driver shifted my gears.  I found myself laughing and smiling at his antics.  He may have had life hardships, but no one would know it.  He was happy - go - lucky.  Whatever that means.  He made weary travelers a little less weary, and I appreciated that.  




A simple reminder, we must find humor and a light heart, even during the most difficult times in our lives.   




No comments:

Post a Comment