Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sunday - Day 280 - Catching Fire on a Date

I love going on dates.  I love going on dates a little bit more while living in our RV. 

The outside world has no idea we live in a tiny space.  When we step out into the world, I forget all our about our little camping world.  

The young man at the movie theater, ticket sales, window had no idea we live in a campground.  He looked at us through the glass window as if we were regular folk.  He fumbled with our tickets and off we walked into a dark, large space for two and half hours.  

We went to see the Hunger Games, Catching Fire.  I was instantly sucked in and once again, fell in love with all the characters.  I really should read the books. 

Overall, it was a happy escape into another world, a furturistic world, I hope never comes true. 



John and I went out to dinner afterwards.  No little boys to interrupt our conversations.  It was more than enjoyable, it was a long, over due evening with my sweet, attentive husband. 

Between the two of us studying, working, taking care of the boys; managing school schedules, daycare and piano lessons, who has time to go on a date?  

We've been planning this evening for at least a month.  It was my birthday date and it was worth the wait.  I have a feeling my husband will not make me wait as long for our next night out.  

We went back to our favorite sushi restaurant, one we hadn't been to since we moved away, almost five years ago. It was better than when we left.  

We lavished in quality, reasonabled priced Japanese food and dared to order a Hurricane Roll.  Each piece ignited our mouths in a Wasbi frenzy, catching our insides on fire.  A warm, fiery of excitement, exactly how I like life. 




The last time we were at our favorite little hideway, James was younger than Ty.  Ty did not exisit in our lives.  Life was very different for us.  We had more struggles and we were moving away from the life we shared, with all our children.  Sadness hung over us, like a gray cloud, the last time we ate at our special spot. 

Coming back to our favorite date place, was more intriguing than I had anticipated.  We have come full circle, but life was now good.  

The ghosts of our past sat, unassuming, in the seats near us, unaware of the future that lie ahead. 


My other self had no idea I'd be back with a very different life perspective.  If I could only tell myself to stay strong, life will work itself out, we will return and life will be good, once again.  

What would my old self think, I wonder if she'd believe me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment