Sunday, December 8, 2013

Wednesday - Day 283 - the 'other' campground

I ventured into the neighboring campground to post some "For Sale" ads.  It was an interesting experience. 

The campgrounds are next to one another and very different.  Ours has a security gate, more trees, a bigger pool and park; also a larger office and retail store. 


Our Campground
Our Pool & Office
(pool is shaped like the state of Florida)

The 'other' campground's
pool & park

Our campground's Park

The other campground has a mini gym, more cabins, a few cool playground amenities, like a wooden boat and truck for the kids to play on and it is cheaper to stay there.  

Our campground has a lake in back and probably more full timers, but I didn't actually count. 

When our journey began, 283 days ago, John initially called the 'other' campground to make reservations, but they were totally booked. 

We use to stay at the 'other' campground all the time.  We stayed in a cabin when James was a baby, brought a cooler for his milk and our own sheets for the bed. We only stayed in a cabin once.  We also stayed in our Class C camper on many occasions. 

At one point, early in our RVing life, I thought maybe we should move to the 'other' campground to save money.  We never moved. 

As I ventured over to the 'other' campground today, I knew we ended up at the best campground. The best place for James to run free, the best place to be long term and we have the best Christmas decorations.  

Not having a mini gym is really not a big deal.  Trees are a huge plus, security is an absolute bonus and overall there are more kids and a more 'at home' experience where we are now.   

When I ventured to the other campground, all I thought was, "I don't remember any of my experiences staying at this campground."  I have vague memories of the playground and pool, but the actual camping experience is non-existent.  It's bizarre that my memories were so foggy and have had little impact on my life.  

I was certain once I stepped foot in the 'other' campground it would all come back to me.  Instead, it felt even stranger, as I drove through and looked around. 

We made the best decision and found ourselves exactly where we were meant to be, at the only campground we were meant to call home and it was totally out of our control.  

We are still home.... for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment