Sunday, December 29, 2013

Friday - Day 299 - mad mall dash

It was the Friday before Christmas and I still had a ton of Christmas shopping to do. 
My original intent was to skip the entire gift buying ritual this year and go minimalistic for the boys.  The whole moving ordeal was a good excuse to forgo a lot of the excessive Christmas shopping.  

However, with plans to be in New York for Christmas, I quickly had to reevaluate my original gift giving plan.  I have lots of family in NY and no good way to see them empty handed.  

I was on a mad dash to get as much as I could with a only few days notice.  This meant waking up early to drag my boys to the mall as early as possible and be gone before the afternoon mad mall rush.  


 

Incredibly, I did well avoiding crowds at 8am and feeding the boys before the lunchtime mad rush.  I surprised myself at the ease in which I made it into as many stores as I did, in order to fulfill my gift giving  needs.  The boys were unusually well behaved and I was home in time to do more RV packing for the move.  

My only perplexing issue this Christmas holiday in the RV was where do I put all the gifts?  Especially, the ones for the boys?  

Gifts for James were hidden in car trunk, and beneath gifts for other people.  I had a huge pile of unwrapped presents on our RV couch.  How do full-timers do it?  

Maybe gifts cards would have been the way to go this year, I will have to keep that in mind for next year to avoid the mad mall dash.  

No comments:

Post a Comment