Thursday, December 12, 2013

Saturday - Day 286 - "that's funny"

I took the boys for a walk around the lake through to the shopping center, because like our pets our kids often need to be walked.  Fresh air and finding outside activity is the perfect cure for rowdy kids, especially those that live in a camper.  

The weather was just perfect for an early December day.  I thought to myself, I truly love Florida weather.  The kids were happy, mamma was happy.  We were walking as if we had no particularly place to be. 

We stopped to look at citrus trees and pick oranges.  We chatted about the water and all the stuff in the waterways, both naturally growing and thrown in by man. 

We made it to our destination, "Big Lots", I made yummy snack purchases for James' school lunch and off we went to walk back to the campground.  Ty in the stroller and James on his bike.  

We walked a new way, the long way. Instead of using the back trails in the campground, we walked down public sidewalks, passed the shopping center and fast food restaurants.  

I taught James how to watch for cars when we reached driveways and to look all ways at the crosswalks.  I was very impressed at how well he listened and followed the new set of rules.    

We rode by and James spotted a memorial sight with flowers.  I knew they were laid there in remembrance of someone who died at that particular spot in a car crash. 




James had no idea. I explained to him why the flowers were there and his response to me was, "that's funny".  

I said to James, "Why is that funny?  You understand someone died there right?"

He said,"I understand mom.  I just think it is funny someone would be buried there."

I was stunned. 

My son, his mind fascinates me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment