Friday, December 27, 2013

Tuesday - Day 296 - Glitter and Glue

I volunteered at James school this morning.  I missed helping out the week   before being in New York, coming back to a bit of normalcy was welcomed.

The class had a few Christmas projects they were working on simultaneously.  Reindeer food, glitter ornaments, reindeer hats and each child who was working on a project needed help with something.  

Today is a perfect example of what I call controlled chaos.  We managed each project haphazardly.  The class was busy with energy.  Kids were gluing and cutting and glittering.  More than once I was needed at multiple stations.

I hustled from one child to the next resolving their needs, to get them to the next self sufficient step.

The time flew by and before I knew it, the kids were ready for lunch and lining up. Whew!!!  We survived and tomorrow would be easier, now that I knew what they needed we would get their tasks completed effortlessly.

Spending time with kindergarteners makes life feel a lot more manageable and a little more freeing.  

A little glitter and glue can put a smile on anyone's face.  If only all our adult tasks could be so simple.  


 


No comments:

Post a Comment