Saturday, December 7, 2013

Tuesday - Day 282 - Tis the Season...

The campground is decorated for Christmas.  It's extremely festive and a welcomed change.


Rudolph's Nose Lights up at night. 


Considering we are still wearing flip flops and shorts, it can be difficult to get into the Christmas season without cold weather to back it up. 

My first Christmas season in Texas was a huge shock, it definitely did not feel like Christmas.  It has never felt like Christmas to me while living down South.  Although, Texas was still colder compared to Florida.  

Christmas without snow or the possibility of snow feels odd to me, not that I'm complaining, not in the least.  I have come to realize, after years of comparing Christmas seasons in four different states (NY, GA, TX and FL) I do prefer and appreciate the warm weather.  

I will accept my hay stacked snowman and reindeer. (above

Who really needs snow,
when you have hay?

I have accepted no bundling up to purchase Christmas gifts, no waiting for the car to heat up in the brisk cold and no worries of slipping on ice with bags of presents in hand. 

Yes, Christmas in warmer weather, will always feel odd to me, however, New York or Georgia or any trip due North, is only a short trip away to get a 'cold fix' during the holiday seasons.

Watching the national weather this week is a humble reminder of all those cold, snowy Christmas seasons, ones my own kids will only get a tiny taste of, when we travel during the holidays. 

Tis the season in warmer weather.  
Fa la, la, la, laaa, in Flor - i - da!  

This is why Florida is the retirement capital of America.   

No comments:

Post a Comment