Thursday, January 2, 2014

Tuesday - Day 303 - Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was spent visiting with my mom in Sands Point Nursing home and spending the evening with extended family.  

Christmas Day usually entails my sister having dinner at her house with all our extended family. This year would be different, Christmas would not be like it has been in previous years. 

Seeing family on Christmas Eve was an ideal way for me to see family I normally do not see on my quick trips to NY and during the year.  It was really great to get my favorite family fix.  I love them all so much and it is rough when I only spend a few days a year with most of them.  

The funny thing about family, even with the little kids who grow up, we love and like each other effortlessly and nothing changes even when lots of time goes by in between visits.   

This is how it all begins.....



What really captivates me the most are my little cousins who are growing into beautiful women.  They are sweet and engaging and the more I get to know their 'grown up' selves, the prouder I am to be part of our family. 

My nieces are transforming into young ladies as well.  One is on the verge of graduating and beginning college next year.  It blows my mind how quickly their lives have changed from year to year.  It's fabulously, bittersweet.  I, of course, never feel like I'm aging, yet my family continues to grow and the older I become the more I enjoy my time with everyone.  

To all my readers who live close to extended family, enjoy the time together.  Once you're moved away, or encounter life  changes, it gets harder to 
find those close, quality moments together as a family.  

We don't choose our family members, but we love them regardless and when life is difficult, our family is there to find us and help us through to the other side.  Often, when we least expect it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment