Monday, February 25, 2013

THE IDEA MADE INTO REALITY


My husband, John, our two boys and I decide to move from Dallas, TX to Central Florida to live closer to our 3 children from his first marriage.  We knew we’d have a few challenges in regards to where will we permanently settle down and the logistics of moving possibly multiple times if we rent and then buy a home.  When John first suggested we live in our 32 foot motor home, a place we have grown to love over the years, I was all over the idea. Why not, I thought, we love camping in it and it'll make the entire move process an adventure. 
I'm sure he thought I wouldn't consider it when he first made the suggestion, but that seed grew into a realityThe optimist in me is always sending creating positive thoughts to smooth over those unknown details that would otherwise linger. 

Our move was effortless; although the drive was long it felt satisfying.  Although my thoughts often drifted of the amazing people we met and were now leaving in Texas, I knew we were on par for the course of our lives.  It felt eerily right as the distance to Florida grew shorter and shorter.


We made it safely.  All our worldly possessions stored in a 10x20 storage unit.  Did we even need all that stuff?  Less is more, is my new mantra.  We close the door and move
on to our new lives.
 





James, Rabbit & John in the moving van.

No comments:

Post a Comment