Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday - Day 4 - Littlest Camper

Today was quite a day.  I established a mailing address and rented a PO box.  I cringe at traffic and crowds and encountered both on this minor mission.  But, after a few back and forth trips, I managed to get a Florida address.  

Today I also decided that Thursdays will be laundry day.  The reality knowing laundry can be accomplished in 1 hour and put away super fast, considering we only have a few places to store our clothes, is quite a revelation.   The boys had a blast playing and exploring while laundry was being folded outside in the breeze.  James discovered he likes inserting quarters in the washer and dryer.  John gave him a lesson on why the washer spins.  Ty played with acorns.  It's back to the basics.   The boys are happy and content. 



Dinner was easy and healthy.  Cooking on the grill makes life easy for mom.  I have this crazy idea that if I am living outdoors I need to cook fresh food all the time.  James actually ate all his chicken and green beans with fresh almonds.  Score for mom!!  He has also been eating fresh watermelon and grapes daily.  Loving this new lifestyle 

We walked around the campground to check things out.  The littlest camper makes me stare with wonder.  Who is living there and why? John calls it a "Scamp."   It creeps me out.  What's inside?  Who lives like that? What do they do in there all day?  But maybe people would say the same about us.  I try to reevaluate my thinking.  


But, as I walk by today to take this photo I still can't shake the feeling that somebody lonely lives there.  There's a dog barking and a chain on the door.  My worse fear bubbles to the top, what if he dies in there and no one knows?  The most ironic piece is this tiny box that someone calls home sits on Elm street.  I know there's a story here.  Maybe one day it will be told.



No comments:

Post a Comment