Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday – Night 2 - Eat Well/Live Well

Our first night my husband and I spent in the camper together, (my second night) I found my mind easing as our comfort level was high snuggled in bed in the quiet campground.  We discussed how much money we could save living here and pondered how long we could do it for.  Initially before we left Dallas we concluded 3 months was plenty to save for a down payment and find a home. But, the thought of living debt free and having a house seemed like a better alternate plan.  How long would we live in our camper with our 2 small children.   We threw out a number, 9 months? A year?  People live on less with more.  Could we achieve the Dave Ramsey dream and be free?  We would have to wait a week and reevaluate.  Talking about living in a campground and doing it are two very different things.

I had to figured a few things out first.  For example, we opted to keep our five year old home from a formal school structure until he begins kindergarten in August.  I decided home school in an informal environment will have to do in the meantime.  He has absorbed his time playing online learning games, educational websites and Iphone apps.  This is good thing right?  He is smart and will manage anything I throw at him. There’s my optimism shining through once again. School for James, checked off my list. 

Ty, my one year old, is more of a challenge. I found a stack of flash cards that I could use to educate him.  Lots of words to practice his vocabulary.  He is exploring the world at one and he will now have the chance to explore a campground and meet lots of new people. Life for Ty is pretty easy and happy.  So far he is transitioning well.  Ty's well being, checked off my list.

Groceries:  As I said before, my new mantra is “less is more.”  Considering we have limited space for dry goods and a very small fridge, I will choose my groceries wisely, fresh fruits and vegetables will get eaten fast.  We will make sure nothing goes to waste.  We will eat less and buy less.  Save money and lose weight.  Win-Win all around.  No space to store wasteful junk food is really what I am thinking.  I have discovered my son enjoys fresh baby carrots, watermelon and fresh green beans.  Double bonus.  This is so much better than cookies and chips.  Eat well - Live well. Groceries, checked off my list. 


I think we can do this. 



Ty learning to share

No comments:

Post a Comment