Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday - Day 39 - Out the Window

Although the day was not as rainy as I had expected it to be, it was dreary and the boys and I didn’t have any place in particular to be. I caught up on things I’ve been putting off, or needed Wifi for and kept the place tip top clean. (Ty dribbles crumbs everywhere; it’s a never ending battle.) I even squeezed some CPA exam studying in. My most interesting studying however, was outside the picture window, it’s like my own personal reality show minus the commercials.

As of today, we do not have neighbors on either side of us, there’s one vacant camper across the way and another occupied camper directly across from us, but I rarely see the owner and his dog. It’s almost as if we have our own little sandy road, except for the squirrels.

There are a ton of squirrels everywhere and they all scurry when the golf carts drive by in a fury. Except for when two young girls passed by, one was steering, the other pushing their golf cart along the sandy road. Poor young things, their cart must have run out of juice along the way. I bet they are visiting their grandpa.

The larger then average lady in her mu-mu raced along in her golf cart with a miniature creature, some call a dog. I think the little thing was wearing clothes, probably a miniature mu-mu.

So many pet owners walking their dogs. Some are big and some are small. There are times I don’t see them, but I know they are close when Rabbit’s in a frenzy; I’m sure he thinks his friends are coming over to play.

When there’s not a golf cart meandering on by, there are people on their bikes. Nice looking older men or women, sometimes couples, riding by looking so happy and relaxed. I suppose when you live in a campground it’s hard not to be relaxed.

My son is the youngest cyclist. He owns the road on his bike, the squirrels fear him. He rides fast and he rides with purpose. He rides in his pajamas. I’d say he’s pretty relaxed and at home. I believe he’s had his pajamas on for three days straight. He’ll change when we go out and he even managed to put his T-ball uniform on last night, but as far as he's concerned the campground is an extension of his home and he'll wear his Spiderman pajamas to the office, to do laundry and pretty much anywhere he pleases. I’m sure the retired folk get a huge kick out of him. I bet they wish they had their own Spiderman pajamas, to wear around the campground.









No comments:

Post a Comment