Thursday, April 25, 2013

Wednesday - Day 59 - Special 31 Delivery

Getting packages at the campground seemed hard when we first moved in.  After 59 days I would have to disagree.

About a month ago John ordered a package from Oregon.  He gave the company our PO box address without realizing it would be delivered via FedEx.  Instead of calling my husband to verify our physical address, someone took it upon themselves to find another John Nelson living in the same town and the package was delivered to him.

Now, I'm sure if my husband ordered something for me, this scenario would have turned out very differently. However, my husband ordered high end, deliciously smelling, shaving supplies from The Art of Shaving. What we thought would have been a simple explanation of wrong identity became a modern day "Seinfeld" episode. (I can not make this stuff up)

John made a dozen calls to both the shaving company and to FedEx.  As a result, he learned all FedEx needed to do was knock on the other John Nelson's door and retrieve the package.  It sounded easy enough, however, the other John Nelson was not going to give up his shiny new shaving supplies.  They were his and no one was going to tell him differently, not even an intimating stranger in a purple uniform.

After seriously considering knocking on the other John Nelson's door himself, my poor husband finally received a new package from The Art of Shaving.  It only took a huge hassle and a month longer then anticipated.  If we had only known.

I too had a packaged delivered and it came today. Thanks to my friend Audra and all her fabulous totes, purses and bags from Thirty One Gifts, I could not resist purchasing a new beach bag, especially with all the charity promotions she does.  She is currently holding a fundraiser to benefit Boston victims, check out all the  details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/468470609888777/ .


Ty helped me open my box!

My package also came FedEx, but the process was a whole lot easier.  I had given Audra the campground address and I didn't need to be anywhere in the vicinity when it arrived.  I walked over to the campground office/general store today and there was my package, sitting in the mail area, waiting for me.  I scooped it up and here I am with my incredible new multipurpose bag, which I will be taking to the beach on Sunday.

Love my new bag!

Visit Audra's Catalog 

The simple life, here in the campground, even receiving packages.






No comments:

Post a Comment