Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday - Day 37 - My Favorite Things


“Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things”


By the end of our first day in the new RV it had transformed into a home.  I had no idea it would feel so warm and comforting after only one day.  Life was more normal then I had suspected,  it was easier, and exceptionally nice.

I cooked dinner, in my new kitchen, for all the men in my life. (Jack too).  I had an inspiration for today's blog as I looked down into my over sized sink.  "I love this sink," I thought.  What else do I absolutely love in this place?  As dinner simmered, I grabbed a phone and began capturing images of all my favorite features in the RV.

"Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things"

My favorite Sink:
Of all my homes in the last seven years, this has is absolutely the best sink I have ever had.  It’s white, it’s deep and it’s wide.  It will fit everything I throw in it, including the kitchen sink.  Seriously, if this camper has given me anything exceptional, it would be this sink.



My Favorite method of cooking:
I love cooking with gas.  We almost bought an RV with an electric stove, imagine.  Growing up I only cooked on a gas stove and it’s by far the superior method of cooking.  I love my gas stove top.  All of my homes, the apartment in TX, the cabin in GA, the beach house in FL, they all had electric.  
I will sing the praises of my gas stove top.



My favorite bedroom door:
I have to admit, I have never had a bedroom with my own door to the outside world.  How many people can say they have a door in their bedroom?  Okay, maybe some of us have a door to an outside deck, but this is a door to leave the house, and it's in my bedroom.  It’s actually one of two doors in this RV, and I never thought I’d enjoy having a door to my bedroom so much.  I think I also like it because I can outsmart the dog.  If he is itching to go out, trying to escape out one door, I can close him off in the RV and leave using the other door.  Loving the door.



My favorite place to keep laundry:
I know I have shared this feature before, but the laundry chute is still my favorite feature.  It keeps all my laundry out of sight until I am ready to wash it.  The laundry chute is my favorite place to keep laundry, in the basement with a direct route from my bedroom.  I can keep filling it up until I don't have any clothes to wear.  Oh the joys of a laundry chute!



My favorite pantry:
The pantry, considering it's in an RV, is spacious and just the right size.  I can reach everything, it’s not too deep that I‘ll loose things in the back, it’s not made of wire racks so small items fall through, it’s the perfect size pantry.  Clearly my favorite. 



My favorite Window:
My favorite window is the picture window.  I love sitting by it and I enjoy watching people and cars drive by.  I can also keep an eye on James when he's riding his bike.  The best part is I can see out, but they can’t see in.  My favorite place in the whole camper is in the chair by my picture window.  I think it’s the cats favorite place too, he sits on the table and looks out constantly.  He is my little lurker kitty.



My favorite Step-son:
What more can I say.  It's Jack.  He’s been chillin’ with us for two days.  I love him and I love that he’s willing to spend time with us on school nights.  He’s amazing and my absolute favorite step-son. 




"Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things"


No comments:

Post a Comment