Saturday, April 27, 2013

Friday - Day 61 - In Good Time

Seeing a turtle on the side of the road is a good excuse to pull over and gawk. We did just that and enjoyed the view.

We warned James not to get too close, turtles are deceiving faster than you would think and will snap at you if you get too close.  We were close enough to get a good look and a few photos.

Turtle Watching in New Smyrna Beach
(on the side of the road)

Turtles are funny creatures, they have a bad rap for being slow, but they are surprisingly quick on their four feet.  I am fascinated at how baby turtles always know which direction to head into the ocean right after they are hatched.  It’s a long journey, but many will make it and survive, all in good time.

Many things take time.  Selling our old camper has taken time. I am a true believer, that when the time is right we will sell it.  We have it priced right on Craigslist and have had interest over the past few months.  We were also showing it when we lived in Texas.  "The Beast" has been on the market for a total of four or five months.

Today we showed "The Beast" to a really nice woman, her two kids and another couple, her friends who came along to help.  The woman's husband was out of town, and her friends, specifically the husband, were helping her look "The Beast" over.  I thought, this could be to our advantage, if she liked it, based on a woman's perspective, they would definitely buy it.

"The Beast" 

I overheard the husband, of the friend, ask our prospect if she liked it, and she most definitely did.  I was confident they would purchase our camper.  Ironically this was the only time I went with John to show our RV, I had a hunch we would be meeting with serious buyers.  As it turned out, it was a good fit for their mission.

Even the possibility of selling created no sad feelings; selling ‘The Beast’ now would be good, it is the right time to let her go.  Although, it took time, I knew she would sell, all in good time.

We went to sushi dinner later that evening.  John knows how much I love sushi; it was a pseudo date for me, with our boys.  James ate an entire order of edamame, a whole salmon roll and a few pieces of the fancy rolls we ordered.  It took some time before he was brave enough to eat sushi, but today was his day to dive in and enjoy. I am amazed at the things he does and how he does everything in his own time.

John and I ordered a very spicy hurricane roll made with liquid wasabi.  We were warned it would be hot, but we ordered it anyway.  It was one of the hottest things I have ever eaten, but yet there was something incredibly enjoyable about the experience. With every bite the wasabi exploded in my mouth, bringing me to tears.  It was an experience incomparable to any other I have had.  The spiciness was initially over powering, but it subsided gently and soon was completely gone.  With each piece I ate, the experience was a little more bearable.  It got easier each time.  I left the restaurant with a clear head and I was satisfied. I’ll order a Hurricane Roll again.

Beware the Hurricane Roll
@NSB Yu-Mi Sushi & Sake Cafe
 I slept well that night, and dreamed well too.  I’m not sure if was the reassurance we may sell “The Beast,” the Sangria I had with dinner or The Spicy Hurricane Roll.  Or maybe it was my comfort with my surroundings and the beautiful weather. Whatever the reason, I am feeling good that everything happens all in good time.

The Turtle Racing Away!

No comments:

Post a Comment