Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday - Day 38 - Rainy Night

There is nothing more fun then camping in the rain. Listening to the sound of the rain on the roof and knowing we're all safe and snug in our beds is the coolest feeling in the world.

It's actually suppose to rain for the next couple of days. If we're trapped inside while the rain is coming down, I won't have any complaints in the new RV. My pots wont be needed to catch leaks and the outside power cord won't be playing snap, crackle and pop. I won't feel cooped up, because we have so many windows and there are multiple rooms to move around in. I can already see myself looking out the big picture window as the rain comes down, enjoying each and every moment. It's reminiscent of snowy days growing up in NY, but better since it's not as cold and there's no ice to scrape in the morning.

If we were having a thunder storm, it would be a totally different experience. I anticipate it will be an event worth sharing when we find ourselves in the middle of a big thunder storm. In can imagine John would be out of town during our first bad storm, and the boys and I will be scared silly, together huddled my bed.

Tonight it's just a little rain to appreciate and savior. Camping brings the rain closer and louder in the most soothing way. It's so simple, so safe and snug in the rain.



Snug as a bug, while the rain
comes down.



No comments:

Post a Comment