Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday - Day 45 - "CoconutSunCat"


I woke up with a throbbing headache today.  It was one of those headaches when you bend down the headache feels like it moves to a different part of your head.  The kind when the baby cries or the dog whines you close your eyes and pray they will quiet down soon.  I can imagine it was caused by one of three things.  

I have had a dull headache on and off since Monday, and I know it was caused from too much sun at the beach on Sunday.   I was sure of this and confirmed it on-line.  I drank a lot of water, tried to ignore it and pushed through my days.  Overall, it was bearable, just annoying at the least.  Today I was wondering if it could still be the remnants of my ‘sun’ headache, but it felt worse today then on Monday and Tuesday.  Maybe it was something else....

New Smyrna Beach on a beautiful sunny day

Maybe it was from the three Jell-O shots I ate last night.  They were green with coconut rum and mighty tasty.   I rarely drink shots these day, but when my neighbors, from up the road, twisted my arm how could I resist?  My neighbors are newly befriended neighbors, ones James took the time to get to know yesterday evening.  He was riding his bike back and forth and he’d come home and tell me, "Mom, I’m going back to see ‘my’ neighbors.  Is that okay?"  He has that way with people. 

I eventually walked over with Ty to make sure James was not being a nuisance and to be sure they were nice people.  There was a group of snow birds, young and old, gathered eating and drinking.  They seemed more than happy to have James spend some time with them on their last days at the campground.  James was feeding dog treats to their dog, who had so much fur she looked like a Star Wars character.  She was such a sweet dog especially towards James and Ty.

I was told James was being well behaved and was a very good boy.  He reminded them of their own grandchildren and I was assured he was not infringing on their adult time.  A relief to hear.  As I continued talking to one couple in particular, I learned they knew and were friends with many of the people I had already met since we moved here.  My kids seem to draw in just the right people at just the right time.  Not only had I made new neighbor friends, but I relived my Jello-O shot days as well.  Although, three Jell-O shots could not have caused a throbbing headache, it must have been something else.   

Check link below for creative Jell-O shot ideas


Maybe it was that dang cat meowing at 5am, pulling me out of my deep sleep.  He was on top of the RV peeking down through the little ceiling window.  I took a stand yesterday after I stepped on my last kitty litter piece while using the rest room.  I will admit, I recently bought a great brand of kitty litter that sucks in all the the odors like magic.  However, stepping on those little blue and white crystals, with my bare feet, in the mornings is just not cutting it.  I warned John I would be moving the litter outside, so I did it.  I put the litter tray under the RV and showed the cat.  I was happy to see that he understood and used it during the day.  

I realize the cat doesn't need a litter box outside, but I wanted to be sure he knew to go outside and not to be looking for his litter box inside the camper.  I am still amazed at how this cat always knows where to go potty considering he never had a litter box the first three years of his life.  Our cat use to be an outdoor cat and now he loves being both in and outside the house.  I can be confident he can handle himself even with all those falling squirrels outside.  Unfortunately, last night was not one of his finest moments as he got stuck on top of the RV roof and was not quite sure how to get down.  This is why he was meowing, loudly, in the little ceiling window at 5am.  

Picture my cat's head up there meowing for help!

I begrudgingly got up, opened the door and called for him, he finally came around and ultimately fell off the awning railing, but landed on his feet.  Yes, cats always land on their feet.  The cat came walking in looking stupid. I think he learned his lesson. 

Ty had woken up by this time and it took awhile to settle him back down.  We were both still asleep by 9am until the dog incisively whined at my bedroom door to go out.  Damn dog. 

Now that I got that all out, my head feels slightly better, maybe it’s the coffee, but more likely the water.  Sometimes our brains just hurt. Or maybe it's that dang "CoconutSunCat" thing going around.    


"CoconutSunCat"


No comments:

Post a Comment