Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday - Day 30 - New Beginnings

We left the campground this morning and are headed to our cabin in Georgia for five days with all our children. It's spring break for the older ones, a perfect excuse to spend quality time together. When we get back we will be moving to our new camping spot.

I can sense once we move our camper on the first, the experience will feel brand new all over again. I also think we will feel more settled, closer to the gate, park, pool and restrooms. I wonder how James' life will change. He will be able to ride his bike to the park and he has already made friends with a little boy on the same road. He seems to enjoy his new life outdoors.

John's walking commute to his 'office' (the common area) will be shorter. I can check on him and bring him lunch. For myself, being close to the showers and laundry will become a minor life luxury. We also plan to pull our bikes from storage, which will make trips to the lake convenient.

Once we're in our new camper I have this crazy notion things will be neater and stored more efficiently. It will feel different, it may not feel like a home, but before long our warmth and care will make it a new home.

Like the wind, we are blowing in the direction we're meant to be in. I have not had one bit of doubt or regret. I continue to look forward, never back. Each day brings a new experience, each experience allows for a new perspective and with each perspective brings new beginnings.

I'm not sure how my life twisted and turned and found its way here, but I find myself being grateful each and every day.








No comments:

Post a Comment