Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday - Day 15 - Jack Rabbit Run

I currently reside near the end of Raccoon Road. It's a hike to do laundry and to take a hot shower. But, it's nice. I am currently not far from the walking path to the lake and I'm an entire hop, skip and jump across from an open field I use to walk the dog.

I have been told numerous times this place clears out by April 1st and there are tons of kid activities in the summer months. Something to consider and look forward to.

I like to maximize on a good thing. While getting laundry done, I was reacquainted with my full-timer friend, Jimmy, from the weekend. He helped me out regarding tips on the washing machines I was using. "Only cold water on these and they work best on the regular cycle." he shared. He also introduced me to his neighbors. This place is one big web of networking.

Satisfied with my new found newbie status, I realized it was only the beginning. I was planning to make the most of my stay here. I'll meet and greet and learn and share. I will become immersed in my brand new lifestyle. For starters, I already know I stick out like a sore thumb; kids in tow, big crazy dog walking me and most important, my big orange jeep! I've no where to hide.

I am happy here, but I know I can be even happier. I walk with the boys to the office while my laundry is drying and make friends with Ron who works behind the counter. Ron was more than happy to circle a dozen sites for me to choose from, once this place clears out by April 1. I was so enthused I pushed Ty all around looking first at the spots closest to the showers.

Ironically the second spot I went to see was currently occupied by my new found girl friend from last week. I took that as a sign. After enjoying time with her an her daughter, it felt like we've known each other forever. I ultimately choose the spot next to her, #51.

I have a feeling our new spot on Jack Rabbit Run will be just what we need. It's both spacious and plush with trees. Our own little hideaway, near all the amenities, including the park. The best of both worlds.

What can I say? I love to live life and live it fully. I have a feeling we may be staying here awhile.





No comments:

Post a Comment