Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday - Day 32 - happy new home

In the last two day John and I have learned a lot looking at campers on-line. Finding a bunkhouse camper has come down to three key things.

Is there a wraparound dinette?
Does the bunkhouse have a slide?
Is there an outdoor kitchen?

Then the secondary questions are always:

Is the fabric tacky?
Can we pull it with the Surburbn, (is it under 8000 pounds)
Are there doors, not curtains dividing the bedrooms.
Are the counter tops made of corian?
Does the kitchen table have sturdy legs?
What's the layout of the bunkhouse? What size are the beds, twin, full or futons? How much storage is in the bunk house?

We have come to terms with living in a bunkhouse camper and although it's not nearly as sexy as the Airstream Class A that we originally picked out, there are a number of perks I am looking forward to.

• I am happy James will have his own space in the bunkhouse and hopefully his own TV and play area.

• The layout will be different and more consistent to our life both with and without all our kids.

•The master bedroom can be accessed from both sides of the bed.

•We will hopefully have an outdoor kitchen which includes a mini fridge, a grill and a sink.

•The campers with the outdoor kitchens provide additional storage in the bunkhouse instead of an additional bed.

•I'm enthusiastic about moving into a newer camper with nothing breaking down, leaking or malfunctioning.

•Having a larger space and kitchen area to work in will be ideal.

Overall, it will be a step up from what we are currently living in.

I am truly enjoying the lifestyle. I have to admit, while being in our cabin his week I found myself using the bulk of my time cleaning. I've done at least six loads of laundry, washed dishes, emptied the dishwasher, cooked, vacuumed and picked up behind the kids, mainly James. It's a never ending cycle. I am looking forward to my small compact space in the gorgeous campground we call home.

What I clearly have learned overtime is anywhere I am with my family is home. Whether it's in our camper in Florida, a cabin in Georgia, an apartment in Texas or even visiting my mom in NY. The bricks and mortar are irrelevant, home is where we make our happy memories with those we love.


Photos below are new and old memories from all of our homes.







No comments:

Post a Comment