Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday - Day 20 - The Perfect Compromise

My husband and I are invested in the RV full-time lifestyle. We have discussed our options for the future. We came to the conclusion that investing in a better, nicer camper with the commitment of staying in it long term, makes better economical sense then purchasing a home at this time.

Honestly, the conversation went more like this:

John: What do you think about looking at Class A Motorhomes? (ya know, those huge buses)

Me: Seriously? (Straight faced)

John: Well, if we're serious about living full time, why not? It'll give us much more flexibly and we could tow the surbrban if we wanted to. We could take all he kids to the keys. (John's been itching to go down to the keys since we moved here)

The seed has now been planted. I take what he says and am extremely thoughtful. I think about more living space. I think about a bedroom big enough that I won't need to step over Rabbit to get to my closet. I think about having counter space to cook on. If I'm lucky, I may even have a washer and dryer for my delicates. I am smiling at this point. This is all good change for me. Sincerely, the best part is, I don't ever have to drive the thing. After much thought I casually respond.

Me: Honey, I don't know.....are you sure we can afford it?

John whips out his handy financing calculator on his phone and shows me a number I can easily digest. I am sure this is when my seed sprouted.

Me: Let's do it!!

Here we are day one looking at our new potential living spaces. Although, I haven't found the perfect Class A yet, I know we will be settled into our new home soon, on our new block, continuing to live the new American dream.

Freedom on wheels, let the adventures begin.

Photos below: Our Class C vs Potential Class A



No comments:

Post a Comment