Monday, July 15, 2013

Sunday - Day 140 - He's MY son!

My mommy instincts were killing me this morning.  The family James was obsessed with was leaving today and I couldn't help but think, "What if they want to take James home with them?  Maybe that's how that got their last brown child."

I say, this with pure jest, however, these thoughts really did cross my mind.  They would pack up their tents and rickety camper, tell James I didn't love him anymore and take him home.  A mother's worst nightmare come true. 

Would James believe them?  Would he go because they have been so nice to him, or would he grab his bike and race home?  I was not going to wait and find out.  My son was mine, and after checking on James twice before 9am, I knew what I needed to do. 

Suddenly, the emotionally neglected boy, who lived at the campground, didn't seem so bad, for James to play with, anymore.  I knew where he lived and his family wasn't trying to steal my son. (insert dramatic jump to unrealistic conclusion here)

James came home to ask permission to change into his bathing suit and play water guns.  He told me he did not go inside their camper, and as reassuring as this was to know that he followed the rules,  I was not going to give him any further opportunities to break these rules.  I quickly told him we were ready to leave at 9:30am to run errands before our 12:40pm movie.  It was a long shot, but I knew once we came home his new found family would be gone. 


Kittens


My mom possessiveness was on overdrive, my son was sticking with me and we left to go do fun things all day.  We went to the pet store to see kittens, the dollar store to buy candy, the movies to see Monsters University and to Payless to buy new shoes.  A few other 'mommy stops' completed the day.  James was a little disappointed when we first left, but he got over it very quickly. 


And candy....

And Monsters....










James will never truly know how much I love him, but one day he will have his own children and I will share this story.  I hope we will both have a good laugh about the day I saved him from being stolen, from the campground, by his 'other family'.  Candy and kittens saved my day, and it was how I kept my little boy close to home today. 


"Eye, Eye Captain" - - (aka Mom)!

And new shoes.... make for one happy child!




No comments:

Post a Comment