Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tuesday - Day 142 - Surprises.

There is nothing like a little surprise to brighten our lives.  Today I had a few surprises and I am happy to have the opportunity to share them today.

I had a surprise text from my step-daughter Marcella.  She wanted to come visit her brothers today.  Her sister would drop her off and her mom pick her up.  I was ecstatic to see her and spend quality time together.

Marcella is super sweet.  We chatted about our upcoming vacation together and all the cool things we have planned, all of which she will be seeing for the first time.  She shared a few stories about her recent trip to camp.  I love listening to her stories.  

We spent time with Ty when he woke up from his nap.  We both agreed he is the cutest baby in the world.  Marcella offered to babysit Thursday while her dad and I had a house errand to run.  She is smart, talented and such an incredible kid.  I'm a lucky step-mom.  

Later that afternoon I surprised myself and made a delicious linguine and red clam sauce.  It was so good, I was a little disappointment I didn't wait for John to come home to make so we could enjoy it together. I rarely cook anything great when John's on a trip, but I'm thinking I need to cook for myself more often, surprisingly it tastes better.

Finally, after I picked James up from school and cleaned up for the evening, I got that dreaded, 'what now?' knock on the door.  It was only James.  He had a surprise and made me close my eyes.  When I was allowed to open them and I looked down and there, on the ground was his latest treasure.  A big ol' coconut he found on the ground, under a palm tree.  

My son is always coming up with new ways to surprise me.  He was so dang proud of that coconut.  He called his dad to tell him all about it.  John laughed, was quite proud and told me he should paint a face on it and call him 'Wilson'.  Now, that did NOT surprise me. 


A boy and his coconut








No comments:

Post a Comment