Thursday, July 11, 2013

Monday - Day 134 - A child's Love

Today was our day of departure.  Five lovely ladies came together five days ago and today they would go their separate ways.


A 'touching' moment

We took a few more photos on our way out.  Chelley and I had to leave early, I needed to be home to get my boys.  John had to pass the torch to me. 

As much as those last few photos seemed inconvenient, I look back on them now, on all our photos, and am so happy we took every single one.  We have happiness and love for our memories made in each and every snapshot.    

We said our good byes and left, unsure when we would all see each other again. I knew I would see my sister soon, but I was not sure when I would see Lori or Kathleen again.  The reality was sobering. 


One last group shot before hitting the road

We made the long drive home in excellent time, considering a slight miss calculation on distance.   Chelley drove the entire way home.  I was very grateful.  

I came home to see a busy, but happy husband and my 19 month old, Ty.  He looked at me with excitement in his eyes and he had a huge smile on his face the moment he saw me.  

I picked him up and he held me very tight, he put his head on my shoulder and never let go.  He showed me how much he missed me, without a word, his emotions were tender and pure.  I have such a special connection with this little person, he filled me with all his love instantly.  Ty kept me close and fell asleep on my lap, until I had to pick up James from school.  I won't ever forget this homecoming.

When I saw James he was very excited to see me.  He gave me a big bear hug and screamed 'mommy' with delight.  Life went back to normal very quickly.  I was home once again.  

I took the boys for pizza, before James' piano lesson.  They ate like kings. It was a beautiful site.  

He ate dessert too

He devoured his pizza - def. my child


I felt more engaged with my boys, happy and relaxed and present in their lives.  This is why moms take time away, so they can be restored and remember why they love being mothers.  They can also appreciate the love their children have for them.  


Very excited to wear his shark's tooth,
I bought him early that morning in Charleston

Thank you boys, for loving your mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment