Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tuesday - Day 128 - Levitating Campers

A holiday weekend is upon us yet again.  And people are beginning to trickle into the campground. 

One camper in particular caught my attention earlier in the week.  It was jacked up in such a way, I thought it was levitating when I first drove by it.  "Who is living in that thing?" I thought.  I was a little concerned, there was only one space between us. I locked the door that night, just in case. 



Levitating Camper


In the meantime, I had a power issue to manage due to all the rain we were having.   All afternoon, the TV, microwave and computer were shutting on and off.  Thoughts of the RV up in flames, while I'm out on errands, flashed through my head.  

I quickly unplugged and shut everything off in the camper.  The AC had already been off for quite a while and it didn't resolve the problem.  I planned to stop at the campground office after I picked James up from school.  Maybe the problem with magically work itself out. 

When we came home, I talked to the woman working at the campground office. All the maintenance men had left for the day, but she empathized with our dilemma and called another long term resident to help me out.  It is times like these, I appreciate the kindness of our fellow man.  

He checked everything and reassured me all looked okay.  I told him the plug outside felt warm earlier and he gave some excellent insight on what may have been the cause.  Rain, mixed with low overall power and a few other factors that may or may not have been cause.  We were stable for the moment, however, I took his number, just in case.  

James went outside to play after dinner.  He found the kids who lived in the levitating camper.  How ironic, I kept an eye on him as he played baseball with the kids and mom who were camping next to us.  He had a great time until his bedtime.  

All of my concerns for the day were in vain, but isn't that always how it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment