Friday, July 12, 2013

Tuesday - Day 135 - camping at home

Jack set up camp with his Boy Scout troup today.  He is basically camping in our back yard.  It's a bit ironic, of all the campgrounds, they choose the one his father and step-mother live at.  I'm not sure if this is odd for Jack or just a fact of life.


Scouts camping in our backyard

James and Ty were excited to see him and thought Jack camping in his tent, at our campground, was the coolest thing ever.

James and Ty went in the pool, while Jack was there with his fellow Boy Scouts.  Jack took Ty in the water with him and showed him off.  James made friends with the other scouts.  It was sweet, the brothers, together by chance. 

One of the scout leaders asked if I was going to sign James up for scouts, when he's old enough.  I told him, I would, and he would follow in his brothers footsteps.  The skills Jack has learned over the years will stay with him for his entire life.  I believe he will continue to be an Eagle Scout.


Jack growing up over the years
(Stone Mt. - Summer 2010)

I remember a little Jack, when I picked him up from school, on the day he received his first Cub Scout flyer. Jack was excited, but extremely shy.  I recall asking him a few times if he wanted to join cub scouts.  He was a bit hesitant,  not sure if he'd be allowed to, but when I heard his true desires wanting to be a Cub Scout, I knew I would approach the subject with his dad.  It was an important decision in Jack's life that day.


Little Jack was already a Cub Scout in this photo w/ James.


Jack is now a successful Boy Scout, cooking, setting up his own tent, learning new skills daily.  The most impressive piece is his confidence.  Jack would not be the same young man today, if he did not join and stay with his scout troop.  He is growing up into an incredible person, who I am very proud to have as a step-son.  

Jack camping  with his 
scout troop this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment