Sunday, September 8, 2013

Thursday - Day 193 - "but, how'd you know?"

There's is nothing better then seeing an empty spot where your full time neighbors live.  

Where'd they go? Are they coming back?  How'd the heck did they get that fifth wheel out?  

Keep in mind our neighbors have not moved since we got here 193 days ago, and I suspect they had not moved another two years before that.

James was worried, "Mom, are they coming back!?"  He needed to know, was his only full time friend leaving for good?  His five year old concerns were very real and valid.  

I assured James that they were coming back and I bet they would be back in a brand new RV.

Our neighbors had mentioned they were RV shopping last week, but I was not expecting they would buy one so soon.  I told James to keep a look out for their return and he was happy to oblige.

A few hours later James came running inside, he was excited when they returned, enthusiastic for me to come see. 

"Your were right mom! They have a new house!  But, how'd you know? How'd you know that mom?"  He asked in disbelief.  

It is such a beautiful thing when your child thinks you're a genius.  I smiled wide and shared, "I know lots of things.  That's what moms are for."

I walked the dog, with Ty in my arms, to check out the new digs without appearing to be a total stalker.  (The dog really did need to go out.)

The new fifth wheel was really nice and parked right outside their spot.  My neighbors were in the mist of prepping their spot before pulling their new camper in.  James was assisting in the clean up.

I was truly happy for my neighbors and felt joy for them.  They are good people and deserve good things.  




Don't we all deserve a little goodness in our lives? 

No comments:

Post a Comment