Thursday, September 12, 2013

Monday - Day 197 - JOY

Today I experienced joy.  Joy in the purest form, joy that I do not have the pleasure of recreating often.  The kind of joy that envelopes the heart, holds it tight and spontaneously makes you cry.  

My mom called me.  My heart stopped as I knew she was calling to share results from her PET scan regarding the spot on her lung. 

Her voice was shaky and I was truly fearful she planned to tell me the worse, that the spot on her lung was cancerous and there was nothing they could do, treatment would be disastrous.  

She did not make me wait longer than a few long seconds to quickly inform me the spot had dissipated and her lungs were cancer free.  


A Healthy Life - Is a Cherished One.

A breathed a huge sigh of relief and smiled, my entire body relaxed.  I could hear my mom on the other end of the phone, jovial, optimistic and joyous.  Her oldself had reappeared.  She was feeling as I was and we shared moments fighting a flood of tears, through smiles on our faces.  

My life is general happy and content. There are moments of anger, sadness or fear, but my general disposition is positive on the whole.  This phone call with my mom was the highest peak of joy I do not experience often. The weight of concern for her, that had previously been in the back of my mind, had vanished.  I could hear in her voice that her own heart had lightened as well, "we were thankful to God and to our lives for a positive outcome."




There will be a day when this may not be the case, but today I will be joyous, with utter bliss, to share with all who care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment