Monday, September 16, 2013

Saturday - Day 202 - Clown Camper

James, Ty and I drove out of the campground to go grocery shopping, and commented on a mini camper as we left. 
 


This is how the exchange went:

James:  How many people can go in that camper? 

Me: Not a lot, probably only 2 or 3 people.  

James:  I saw a lot of people go in there.  

Me:  You did? How many?  

James:  I don't know, like SIX!  

Me:  Really?  What do you think they are ALL doing in there?

James: I don't know, I don't live there. 

I love catching the perspective of my five year old on certain things.  He is matter of fact and thoughtful. 

As he and I are having this conversation, all I could imagine is the little camper full of people, cramped in every nook and cranny.  

My next mental image was of all the people pouring out in clown costumes.   Funny wigs and red noses, big feet and large, colorful clothes.  They would be clowning around the campground looking for a place to roast the marshmallows they are carrying poked through sticks. 

As I write this, the little camper is long gone, but I swear I saw the driver's red curly hair as they pulled away, out of the gated area, yesterday evening.  


No comments:

Post a Comment