Saturday, September 21, 2013

Wednesday - Day 206 - Did you know Verizon.....

Verizon is staffing a financial center only 40 miles from our campground.   A brand new 200,000 square foot, four story, facility is currently under construction to be completed in Spring of 2014.  




The center will include a cafeteria and a gym.  What more could a working mother of two ask for?  I felt extremely fortunate to take advantage of this opportunity when I was chosen to interview with them today.  

I had a two hour interview with four high level team members at Verizon.  It was an outstanding experience and I  learned a lot about the company.  

I researched Verizon before my interview and was offered additional information during the interview process.  

I now know Verizon has been named one of the best working environments for working mothers, it is one of the top companies for diverse managers and Latinas, best company for multicultural women, it is a top 100 adoption friendly workplace, best place to work in IT, and the list goes on and on.  There is an employee volunteer program and the benefits are exceptional.  

Awards & Recognition

I am hopeful positive feedback will follow and I will reap the rewards of working for such an extraordinary and powerful organization.  

Ironically, I have an AT&T phone and have had no prior knowledge of Verizon or their wireless services.  My husband's company recently switched over, and interestingly he would give his own perspective of dropped calls during important conference calls.  For now, we'll blame that on our campground site, and not on Verizon's local service.   


No comments:

Post a Comment