Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sunday - Day 189 - Staycation

There's nothing better than a staycation.  It's even better when your current lifestyle is a vacation destination and everyone around you is actually on vacation.  



This was our first holiday weekend at the campground.  We did not have any plans to go away and planned to enjoy life at home.   

On Friday the activity around us was in full swing with various RVs and campers pouring in.  By Sunday the parties and activities were in full force.  The pool area was loud and crowded with unfamiliar faces.  The campground was full of energy, and part of me lavished in it, while another piece of me felt like my home was being invaded by strangers. 

My new view from the back window
(Normally I only see trees)

My view from the side/kitchen window
(normally there are no campers)


People watched me as I drove by their campsites, the seasoned campers waved, while others stared.  No one knew they were space invaders, my tranquil sanctuary compromised.  

With all the commotion around us, John wanted to check off a few house keeping items.  He decided he and the boys would wash the outside of the RV.  

They did a fabulous job, while I sat inside and studied. Our home looked great when they were complete.  Homeowners mow lawns and pull weeds on the weekend, fulltime RVers wash their house. 

They worked hard!

Good thing John Is tall

With a task well done the boys all hit the pool and enjoyed the festivities with all the other weekend campers.  There was a Hulu hoop contest, cupcakes, games and all sorts of fun stuff for the kids to participate in.  

It was another world, or so I was told, our quiet, pool area looked like a popular vacation resort.  Although, I was not there, John clued me in when I finally made my way over to the pool.  Jack won third place in the Hulu hoop contest.  I was very impressed.  

Staycations are the best kind of vacations.  The cost to travel is zero, the cost for activities is zero, the cost to appreciate your everyday life, priceless.  


No comments:

Post a Comment