Thursday, November 21, 2013

Saturday - Day 265 - Kiwanis Fishing Derby

John and I took a much needed study break today and decided to take James to the Kiwanis Fishing Derby in town.

Fishing Derby Location 


We had not been to a Kiwanis event since we moved away in 2009.  We were long over due for one.


Past Event - 2008

We saw old friends today and it felt really  good.  We'd been through so much in the last five years, reconnecting with friends was normal and easy.  As if we'd never left.  We have come full circle and things are more or less the same from our old life.  They are the same, yet better.  

John and I were active Kiwanis members before we moved away.  We loved our time spent with our fellow Kiwanians.  We have struggled with whether to get back into the club upon our relocation back to Florida.  Time restraints and schedules have held us back, yet returning would be a very welcomed event.




For me juggling two kids makes it difficult to be overly involved.  Once upon a time, I took baby James to weekly Kiwanis lunch meetings.  These days James has early school release which conflicts with Kiwanis meetings.   I am sure I'll coordinate a lunch meeting soon, but a weekly commitment would be difficult.


James at his first Fishing Derby - 2008

John on the other hand is non stop during his days.  Between his full time job commitments and law school commitments, I'm lucky I get any time to talk with him (and I see him every day!) 

It is difficult to give excuses when it feels much time has escaped us and we have not made time to see many of our old friends.  

Time runs away when we arebusy doing   something else.  

I also believe when the time is right, people will come back into our lives effortlessly.



No comments:

Post a Comment