Thursday, November 7, 2013

Monday - Day 253 - November

It is the 4th day of November. November happens to be my favorite month.  





It is the month of eating excessively without guilt for at least a week.  November has a long holiday weekend, back when I remember lavishing in long weekends off from work. November is also my first born son's birthday, exactly on day before my own birthday. 


 

November has become the 'thankful' month for many people.  I have plenty to be sincerely, thankful for as well.  We all get busy with our lives and sometimes forget that we need to be grateful for everything that is good in our life and in our days.




I have made an honest, conscious effort to slow down my day and appreciate all my moments in their entirety.  Each one having its own significance in my day. 

From the mundane to the happiest, our life moments are perfectly in sync and I'm thankful for that.   I try to take nothing for granted.  When we are perfectly in tune with our life, appreciating and savoring all the moments, life feels easier, less hectic and enjoyable.  

When things are going on that are not necessarily 'good', like tending to a sick child or managing a temper tantrum, those moments feel less out of control and more tranquil without negative, unappreciative emotions hampering the experience.  

For me, November is my time for the year to come full cycle with reflection and wisdom to sum it up.  Where have I been? Where am I going?  How have my children grown?  How have I grown? 

It is simplistic, but a fantastic new beginning, accepted in gratitude. 



No comments:

Post a Comment