Monday, November 18, 2013

Wednesday - Day 262 - Tomorrowland

"Sometimes it doesn't matter how we got here, it only matters that we're here and the past is only a mere figment of our imagination." 

These words came to me while lying with Ty as he fell asleep one evening last week.  I thought it, and saved it, until I was ready to share it.

Ironically, Disney is filming parts of a new movie called Tomorrowland in our quaint little beach town, New Smyrna Beach.  




Film crews came in and created fake facades on our downtown buildings.  Famous actors like Tim McGraw and George Clooney secretly made their way through town.  

Rumors had George Clooney getting a pedicure at a local salon. I've yet to determine if this was true.  I'll be sure to get the entire scoop at my next appointment. 

In the meantime, the hustle and bustle of a two day shoot is long over as I write this blog, and although I didn't stick around for the actual filming, I drove through downtown, curious to see what was going on.  It was fun to witness the town's transformation, but all I have now are my memories to say I was there, I saw it and now it is over. 

The building facades are back to what they were.  Today it looks as if nothing had happened.  The only people who know for sure are the ones who saw and experienced it first hand.  

Tomorrowland is a story about a "teen bursting with scientific curiosity and former boy genius who embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory.1"  The movie originally had a working title of "1952".

We can not or should not live in the past and we can not predict the future, but what we can do is make right NOW the best possible NOW it can be.  And as we reflect, we envision our Memories well and fondly, none should be filled with despair or regret.

Wise Words to Ponder  


No comments:

Post a Comment