Friday, November 29, 2013

Saturday - Day 272 - Serendipity


Serendipity Defined:  a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; a fortunate mistake. Specifically, the accident of finding something good or useful while not specifically searching for it.


 

When the most unusually coincidences 
happen and there is no rational way to 
explain it. 

John and I made a last minute decision to run 
to IKEA to do some window shopping and 
grab a few Swedish meatballs.  

Although, IKEA is an hour away in Orlando, 
we wanted to get a few home decorating 
ideas and it was cheap entertainment for the 
entire family.  

We were stuck in traffic for a while, 
but finally made it.  We waited less than a minute for a parking spot and pulled into a spot, in the very large parking lot.  John and I grabbed a few things and began to get the boys out of the car.  A gentleman was getting into his car, just as we were getting out of ours. 

John told James, "Let the man get into his car, don't get in his way."  John looked over at the man, did a double take and realized it was one of his law school professors.  The gentleman teaches John's contract class, the really hard one! 

What a surprise to run into his professor in the parking lot of IKEA.  I truly enjoyed meeting John's infamous professor who I have heard so much about, both good and bad.  He is an extremely nice man with a firm reputation.  He had a remarkable opinion of my husband, which he easily shared with me.  We also had the opportunity to meet his wife who was shopping with him. 

It was more than just a coincidence, it was serendipity.  What are the chances we would be arriving, just as the professor would be leaving and we parked right next to his car.  It was a pleasant, but unusual turn of events.  

I always feel the universe is aligned perfectly when these things happen.  I would guess these things happen more often than I realize, but normally I do not pay close attention to it. 


 
I'm going to start paying closer attention.  

No comments:

Post a Comment