Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday - Day 269 - Feelings

Why do we let our feelings get the best of us, even when we know what we feel and what is true to reality may be very different things? 




When I feel less than confident, I gauge my emotions.  Is this something I'm feeling internally or did someone say something to make me 'feel' this way.  I attempt to evaluate what is truly going on.  

There was a time in my life,  I could over think any situation.  I have adopted a 'new age' thinking, it's called getting older.  "New Age" meaning: with each new age we let go of outdated thought processes and bring a newness into our life which is always better than the old. 

I'm turning 29 (again) in a short few days and it is so fabulous to be one year short of a big new age again.  This thing called life gets better - more interesting - and easier to manage....with age.  

My idealistic world view may not be perfect - but the beauty is always in the imperfections.  I have embraced my own personal flaws and have worked on loving and caring for myself a little more with each passing year.   

If at times, I do not necessarily feel like number one or appreciated, in my heart, I know I am adored by my boys and that keeps me whole and thriving.  On the days when it is a vigrous go - go - go, caring for everyone else's needs, I stop for one moment and check in on my feelings.  No matter what they may be, I am cared for.   

This year, on my 'New Age Day', I'm going to continue to feel appreciated, exhilarated, accomplished, content, and loved. 
There will always be days I feel otherwise, but that's okay too, as long as I come full circle to all the good feelings.  

Our good feelings dress the day in bright, warm sediments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment