Saturday, November 2, 2013

Tuesday - Day 247 - Mixed Emotions

Disappointment is an interesting emotion.  It eats away at our insides, picking away at our excitement, and the dreams our future held on to.  Those dreams suddenly deflated into a sad little mess of despair.




Today's disappointment was compounded with yesterday's disappointment.




For only a second I wondered, "What did I do?"  Then I knew better and asked A better question, 
"What better lies ahead?"  How has my future been altered, an unexpected turn for the better. 

I like cliches they always ring with an aspect of truth.  This is why they become cliches.  

"When one door closes, another one opens."  

I am certain when opportunity passes us by, another is waiting close behind.

'When One Door Closes, Another One Opens"


An excellent career opportunity passed me by.  I suspect I would have felt better if they told me they didn't like me, I was unqualified or not a good fit for their organization. Instead, I was told I lived too far away.  They were fearful I'd find a better opportunity, closer to home, after working for them for a year or two. 

A small part of me couldn't help but consider there was some truth in this.   Would I invest in myself knowing what I could be worth after becoming a CPA.  Probably not.

With the disappointment lingering and knowing how difficult it is to land a decent interview in my county, my job search will continue.   It continues with a little more vigor, a bit more knowledge and a lot more confidence compared to when my job hunt began. 

If I was on a reality show called "Job Hunters", I would easily be able to describe my dream job. Work close to home, make more than decent pay, have realistic hours, under a CPA and for a stable, profitable company.  My own office, working with fabulous people would be an added bonus. An excellent incentive plan, with flexibilty around vacations would be the icing on my cake.

Maybe my ideal position is a bit lofty, but a girl has got to have her dreams.  And I like to keep mine large and alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment