Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday - Day 271 - dying young

How does life change when someone close to us dies young? 

How does our view of the world change? How do we carry on, when everything we believe about how things should be, makes no sense?

We question God. We question our purpose, here on earth.  Our life is forever altered with the profound experience of losing such a young soul.   




A friend of mine recently lost a dear friend.  She was only 39.  I consider this extremely young.  Ironically, my own (biological) mother had died when she was only a few years younger.  She was younger than I am today. 

The magnatide of this trategy truly hit when I stopped to think about how young deaths shatter hopes and destroy dreams.  

I have no memories of my mother, however, the impact of her death on my own family, would have been similar to my friend's experience.  A young death is never truly understood or reconciled for the family and friends of the person who has passed.

I long for clarity on this issue.  Whether  the death is tragic or due to sickness, it perplexes the heart, mind and soul.  

Life is short, but what if?  What if life was even shorter, cut short when we least expect it? 



No comments:

Post a Comment