Monday, November 11, 2013

Thursday - Day 256 - Privacy


                 While living in an RV there is no such thing as privacy.  





For starters, the outside world can easily see in, if shades are not closed at just the right time of day, anyone walking by will know what's on TV, if it's dinner time or if your kids are running around like lunatics.  

I have come to accept this aspect of RV life and it really does not bother me at all. I know if I happen to have a minor slip and blow up at one of my children, it will be heard by our neighbors. (Like today) I admit, after the fact, I'm sure the Weekend Warriors next door were happy that they were leaving today.  (Getting away from that crazy lady next door.)

John working next to our
 'Weekend Warrior' neighbors.
We are use to sharing our space.

I am also sure the entire campground knows we watch cartoons and kids movies 24/7 as my RV doubles as a make shift daycare when Ty is home. 

With all the non-privacy issues from the outside world noted and understood, what really has worn on me over the months is the lack of privacy inside our camper. 

Our bathroom and bedroom have no locks.  Although, I'm not the kind of person who normally locks her doors while using the restroom or changing in her bedroom, I'm seriously reconsidering this behavior and soon.  I am not a super shy person when it comes being exposed, I am really not that modest. 

However, most mothers will agree, our bathroom time often becomes our sacred time.  It could be sitting on the toilet for a few very peaceful moments or taking a semi-long, hot shower and maybe even a few extra minutes to shave our legs without interruption.  



awww, the peaceful spray of hot water

Without those locked doors, anyone can come barging in at anytime.  And trust me everyone does come barging in. Three men, plus a dog, seem to find their way into the bathroom, even when I intentionally pull the door closed all the way. 


And I 'sigh' because I love my men and I know they mean well. 

And I can guarantee when I step out of the shower in a towel, or occasionally naked, if my bedroom curtains are closed, with hopes that the bedroom door is not open......


My view outside,when our bedroom door is open.
Nothing like a little breeze on the bum.

I manage to grab clothes and get dressed quickly.  But before I get completely dressed one or two little men will find their way into my bedroom.  And more often than not, the dog is lying on the floor, by my closet. 


And I 'sigh' and dream of wide open spaces to come.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment