Friday, November 8, 2013

Tuesday - Day 254 - Marbles

James has a little reputation around the campground.  Everyone knows his name and people seem to want to give him things. 

He is sweet and friendly and has made many friends, both young and old.

Today he was given Halloween goodie bags after Halloween because we didn't  go trick or treating in the campground. He was also given a plastic container full of marbles, large and small.




 When I see marbles, I think of The Little Rascals playing on the curb near a street. 
When James saw the marbles he thought of the cartoon Arthur, in an episode about learning to play.  My son surprises me, he knows more than I often suspect.

James does not recall all the rules to play marbles the traditional way, but he has found many other cool and interesting ways to use his marbles.  

There's a gold 'mining' mill display at the front of our campground.  James rolls his marbles down the chute and catches them. 

 

He has also put his marbles in an empty one gallon water jug.  He rolls them around and it makes tons of noise.  

James gave me two marbles in my favorite colors to take with me on a job interview as good luck. He wrapped them in white paper first and I opened them as a gift. 

James has marble fever and on more than one occasion I have already told my son, "Don't lose your marbles!"  And I mean it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment