Thursday, November 14, 2013

Sunday - Day 259 - Mean Mommy

I told James, "I am NOT your mental punching bag!" in the grocery store today.  I am sure at least one person heard me. 

I have made up a little game when James is in a fowl mood out in public. What can I say to him to make the person behind me smile?

How I can't wait for him to have his own children, so I can spoil them rotten and they can drive him bonkers. 

He tells me, "I am the meanest mommy ever!" 



And I tell him, "I am such a mean mommy. All the time, I am soooo mean!!"



Or I may say.....

"I am not a mean mommy, you only think I am mean."

And I'll hug him and then he says, 
"Oh, you're not a mean mommy.  I only thought you were. I was just kidding."

It has actually been awhile since James has pulled the "Mean Mommy" card on me. 

I'll chalk it up to being sick. I probably have not given him enough attention. His love tank is most likely running low. 

My son and I, we have had our ups and downs.

He can be perfect one minute and telling Ty he is  going to spank him the next.  He is my total mini me in some respects, it's surreal to watch. 

Today, I was James punching bag.  Maybe I didn't punch back, but I certainly pushed a little and than I thought, he acts out because he needs a little mommy TLC. 




Life with our children, not a day goes by that I don't learn something new.  



No comments:

Post a Comment