Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday - Day 68 - Across An Ocean

It was another crazy night at the campground, strong winds, branches falling, rain.  I went out to walk the dog this morning, it was quite a desolate scene, not a soul in sight.

"a desolate scene"


 It looked like a hurricane hit, minus all the fallen trees, tons of branches and leaves laid to rest on the ground. The birds were chirping, it was a solemn, calming vision.

 "'minus all the fallen trees"

As I wait for a sunny day to slowly, sneak back into my life, my husband is sending me updates from half way across the world.

John had an unusual business trip overseas to Amsterdam and Berlin this week, his travels are primarily domestic and it was a nice change for him to be visiting some place new.

I very much wanted to justify purchasing tickets for myself and the boys to tag along, but it was not going to happen this trip.  However, I suspected, once my husband saw the incredible city of Amsterdam he would begin envisioning his next trip with me.

I know my husband well, his first comment to me was, "I wish you were with me holding my hand."

View in Amsterdam


He shared photos, and emails and we talked on Tango.  How easy it is to stay in touch internationally, and for free.  I remember the days when it was both difficult and expensive.  It felt like my husband was only a few miles away, meanwhile, he was being exposed to another time, another culture, and another life.

Dinner in Amsterdam

I am thrilled he is able to see other parts of the world.  For me, it's the next best thing to traveling there myself.  I know John will want all of us to go back together in our future.  I could leap even further, watching one too many International House Hunters episodes; I would consider moving almost anywhere, if the location moved my spirit after a visit.

Life in Amsterdam

I am not sure what the future holds for our family, but I certainly know my mind is always open to all possibilities.  Life is an adventure I never want to take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment