Sunday, May 19, 2013

Friday - Day 82 - Endless Love

Enjoying an entire day and night without my kids and with my husband is a rare event in my life. One to be cherished and thoroughly enjoyed. It was my sorority sister's wedding in New York City, an event I have been anticipating for over a year.

John and I dropped the boys off at my sisters house on Long Island. James adores my sister and his cousins and could not push me out the door fast enough when it was time to say good-bye. He hugged me with excitement when I told him he would be staying with both his aunts while we were gone. I was thrilled there were no tears, even Ty did not notice when we left the house.

John and I hopped on a train and we were free to enjoy New York City for one long date. Something we have not done since we were first engaged and saw David Letterman together in New York.

Our hotel was downtown in Tribecca. We took a wild toad cab ride to the hotel. It was worth it, the hotel was gorgeous and a far cry from our camper in New Smyrna Beach. The minute we walked in, I eyed the shower and anticipated how exhilarating it would be to take one. I was already enjoying this trip and we had not even made it to the wedding yet.

Once we left for the wedding, I was ready for my mini college reunion. We ran into one of my sisters in the lobby and shared a cab. She looked incredible. I love that after so many years, it was effortless to reconnect, as if we had just seen each other yesterday.

The wedding ceremony was on a roof top terrace. The view was surreal and the wedding was perfect.

Roof top view that evening

With each sister I saw, it was as if no time had passed, yet we had not seen one another for six to twelve years, at least. The memories of all the good times had flooded back so quickly. We were happy and excited and warm. My most adored moments were the initial first hugs, I never wanted to let go.

The most incredible part of the evening was that we were all there for one of the sweetest sisters in the group. It was Christina's wedding day and she looked radiant, happy and very much in love. I was seeing my friend from long ago, but an entire new version of her. She was the best of her best and I felt privileged and honored to be there sharing her special day.

My beautiful sisters! 
 I learned a valuable lesson by the end of the evening. It is not what you do, where you are or how you live. The most important part of who we are is the love in our hearts for those we care most about. No amount of time or distance will ever take that love away.

Our love is endless. It was a loved filled day and evening. Thank you girls for the love tonight.


It was the excitement.....
the happiness.......

the fond memories........  made.


My safe haven after a fun-filled evening!








No comments:

Post a Comment