Friday, May 31, 2013

Tuesday - Day 93 - Social Peacock

My husband, the social peacock that he is, does a good job connecting with our neighbors.  James is number two on the family social bee list.  I, on the other hand, am more comfortable writing then socially engaging.

John made friends with Mike, a very nice weekend neighbor over the holiday.  John chatted with him everyday when he walked the dog.  I hadn't known John was making friends with the neighbors, but I soon found out.



John, the dedicated husband that he is, was nice enough to share my blog site with Mike and our neighbor actually took the time to find and read my blog.  I know this because he left a comment on my "Bringing Home the Bacon" post.  I was thrilled to say the least, however, I soon realized he knew I referred to him as a "weekend warrior" and that I had bacon envy.  It was funny to me in a mildly twisted way.

There is nothing I hold sacred in my writing.  Nothing is off limits and anything goes.  I wonder if Mike has continued to read, and if so, he will now know I dedicated today's post to him.  I love our "weekend warriors", it's what we love so much about living in our RV.

It is all about the people we meet and the stories shared, passed on, from one generation to the next.




No comments:

Post a Comment