Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Monday - Day 85 - One More Day

Today, I had all the comforts of home; as much as I like traveling, I do enjoy my own stuff.   I love my own pillows and my own bed, but if I could trade it all in, for only one day, it would be someplace close to my heart, someplace special.

My first task this morning was to do all our laundry.   It would go fast, three outdoor washers, simultaneously spinning at once, but it was still a lot to manage.  James was a huge help.   He really enjoys helping his mom.  I look forward to the day he can fold his own clothes and put them all away by himself.

Both boys were back in their swimming groove.  James did very well, so well, we were told he could wear his clothes later in the week to test his swimming survival skills.   If we choose, this would be his final week of swim lessons, after only three weeks.  He consistently amazes me.

Overall, it feels good to be back at the campground, but my mind is elsewhere.   My thoughts are with my college girlfriends.  They are all extremely special to me in different ways.  I look forward to making more memories with them in the future.

Life moves quickly and I wish each of them happiness in their day to day lives, until we connect again.  We are mothers, wives, girlfriends, aunts, career women, and sisters.   We all influence people everyday with our words and our thoughts.

We have grown wiser and loved deeply since our college years.  We also share a piece of one another that our recent friends do not know or understand about us.   It is our little secret world of what and who we use to be, although today, we only see, who we have become.

I like my little camping world, it is safe and simple, but I would trade it all in for one more day in college, with my sisters.  I would make sure they all knew how loved they are and how beautiful their lives will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment